cannot view stellation

The place to talk about Stella4D, Great Stella, and Small Stella. Feel free to ask questions about them here.
zeneteru

cannot view stellation

Post by zeneteru » Sat Jul 23, 2011 1:09 pm

hi there, does anyone know how to view the stellation, i have stella loaded on my laptop works fine, but my pc i cannot? when i hit the cursor key to view the stellation its not there

thanks graham

robertw
Site Admin

Post by robertw » Sat Jul 23, 2011 1:39 pm

It shouldn't behave any differently on a PC or a laptop. Did you try viewing the same stellation on each? When you say "it's not there", what do you mean exactly? Does it continue to show the original shape, or does it show nothing at all? Maybe email me a screen shot (see the Contacts page on the main site for email address). I would need more detail to have any idea what's happening.

Thanks,
Rob.

robertw
Site Admin

Post by robertw » Wed Jul 27, 2011 11:18 am

For others following this thread, Graham contacted me off-forum and the issue is resolved. No bug, just needed directions to the Shift+E setting (Display->Vertex & Edge Options->Show Stellation Edges).

With this enabled, you can see the edges of the stellation, even in the base view, so as you hit Up-arrow to step through the stellations, you can see both the base model and its stellation's edges in the one view.