Sacred Geometry

The place to talk about Stella4D, Great Stella, and Small Stella. Feel free to ask questions about them here.
guy

Post by guy » Mon Sep 01, 2008 6:47 pm

While I have little knowledge of "sacred geometry" as a discipline, it seems to me that different teachings, cultures, disciplines, cults, sects, religions, whatever, have different figures which they regard as sacred. For example the Pythagoreans had their pentagram. Do you have any particular teaching in mind?

Magnus Wenninger, besides writing his popular books on polyhedron models, is a Benedictine monk. He uses the making of polyhedra as a route to meditation/prayer, and is also interested in Hermeticism, the Tarot and such things to the same end. I do not know whether he would regard polyhedra as "sacred", but he certainly regards them as one route (of many) into insights on the nature of deity. If he reads this, he may correct me.

I agree broadly with him about polyhedra, and tend to prefer the Buddhist and Taoist variety to Western mysticism (whatever suits the individual). For me, truth is sacred (and remarkably hard to find), and geometric truth a particular variety which I enjoy studying. So the most sacred geometry is the most profound. But it does not "symbolise" anything in particular, rather it is a route to deeper understanding.

I recently read a book on alchemy and magic. The main point was that these disciplines are not ultimately aimed at material miracles, but at the transformation of the self. All the talk of planets and elements is just metaphor for things going on in the mind of the alchemist/magician. And I found another profound insight. Given two opposing camps, say "science" and "religion", each will caricature its opponent in order to better shoot them down. Over time they each adopt the caricature imposed by the other, and so the divide gets inexorably deeper. The truth, of course, unifies the two positions into a single whole, but as the battle progresses it sadly tends to bury the truth deeper.

Returning to geometry, it does not matter to me whether someone regards some figure as sacred or not - what matters is whether it helps them to know themselves that little bit better.

3katie3

Post by 3katie3 » Thu Sep 04, 2008 4:16 am

very nice posts. i've been thinking about them.

i'll have more to say but i wanted to ask Ulrich --- are you able to make your figures rotate in the stella program, with the top tetragon rotating in the opposite direction from the bottom tetragon both in the same display?

i want so much to do this, to see it. because one has to be inside the merkaba and so i do work hard on visualizing the upper tetragon rotating one way the the bottom rotating opposite but it is very hard to both imagine how it looks and to concretely visualize it in motion around me.

i've had much better success with the octagon. that is quite a bit easier to keep it in balance. it's quite a steady solid shape, i like it very much.

i use the octagon (with the 2 equal square pyramids interpenetrating each other) as a sort of bellows for kinds of energy flow between heaven and earth, or really, earth and dark matter.

i know that sounds quite ditzy, but it is what i believe.

: )

3katie3

Post by 3katie3 » Thu Sep 04, 2008 4:18 am

i noticed that one or two days over the weekend i couldnt get on the server. perhaps it is shut down sometimes.

Ulrich

Post by Ulrich » Thu Sep 04, 2008 5:54 am

3katie3 wrote:are you able to make your figures rotate in the stella program, with the top tetragon rotating in the opposite direction from the bottom tetragon both in the same display?
No, I can't do so. I have to make some detours like I described before to get this visible.

But
robertw wrote:Someday I'll get around to adding a compound generator, and then it should be possible to view this rotating compound in Stella (I think).
Ulrich

3katie3

reply to Guy

Post by 3katie3 » Sat Sep 06, 2008 7:38 pm

Guy, you asked : " For example the Pythagoreans had their pentagram. Do you have any particular teaching in mind?"

i think my answer is a bit complicated. i believe certain shapes have certain qualities and attached capabilities. so i am only interested in any teaching so long as it can tell me about the inherent capability of a particular shape.

just as certain numbers have specific abilities or characteristics, so do shapes, i believe.

and of course there are many powers from shapes that i do not wish to access.

but where there may be an ability in a shape to help mother earth, then i want to know how to do this.

3katie3

Post by 3katie3 » Sat Sep 06, 2008 7:43 pm

also, i think shapes have a certain purity to them, that is quite independent of whatever projection humans put upon them. and this is very attractive.

i was reviewing some far out art pages yesterday, and i was struck by how tiring and gluey art is. it always wants to attach itself to our perceptions and to shape them. while shapes stand above culture and above motives and above ulterior intentions.

i am quite fascinated by the extraordinary beauty of some of the crop circle shapes. and i have have no need to debate how they were made.

i will try to upload one that showed up last few days.

it is quite beautiful and i wonder if it could be made into a 3dimensional shape with stella.

3katie3

Post by 3katie3 » Sat Sep 06, 2008 7:44 pm

here it is, if i do it right:

[img]http://image_url[/img] (alt+p)

Image i dont know what that (alt+p) means

3katie3

Post by 3katie3 » Sat Sep 06, 2008 7:46 pm

i'll have to try again.

Image[/img]

http://www.earthfiles.com/Images/news/U ... 083108.jpg ; (image site) (edit 130717)
Last edited by 3katie3 on Wed Jul 17, 2013 6:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.

3katie3

Post by 3katie3 » Sat Sep 06, 2008 7:47 pm

hurray!!

isn't that an extraordinary shape. i've been puzzling over it.

can someone try to make it a 3d shape in stella, please.

3katie3

Post by 3katie3 » Sat Sep 06, 2008 7:54 pm

i love that little icosahedron, i found for my icon, and i wish i could keep it in my head, but so far, i cant keep the 12 sides together, it just falls apart.

pentagrams, as far as i have read, have the greatest potential for self-defense. and i like them very much for that.

i found this site originally, when i was searching for a way to draw a pentagram, accurately, with just a pencil and ruler. this is rather hard to do. i dont think i know how yet.

i want to make a little model of 7 pentagrams touching at their points, with five standing roughly vertical, and each legs touching the next leg, and then a flat bottom pent joining them together. and then the seventh pent touching all the tops. i think this would work, but i need to make a model to be sure.

3katie3

reply to Ulrich

Post by 3katie3 » Sat Sep 06, 2008 8:01 pm

Ulrich, your garden of shapes is exquisite. it is amazing that you could make these beautiful and so complicated shapes, and keep them true and correct.

i am amazed. i think if you keep this in a protected spot in a garden, near a tree, it would be a perfect place for a garden fairy to live.

http://www.polyedergarten.de/w106/w106_ ... 106_1b.jpg[/img]

Ulrich

Post by Ulrich » Mon Sep 08, 2008 5:57 am

Thanks! Fairies are welcome in my garden.

robertw
Site Admin

Post by robertw » Mon Sep 08, 2008 11:58 am

This reminds me of a Douglas Adams quote:

"Isn't it enough to see that a garden is beautiful without having to believe that there are fairies at the bottom of it too?" :wink:

Rob.

guy

Post by guy » Sat Sep 13, 2008 9:13 pm

3katie3 wrote:i'll have to try again.
That didn't display in my browser for some reason, so here it is again:

3katie3

Post by 3katie3 » Sat Sep 20, 2008 6:57 pm

Sorry not to respond Guy---for some reason, i did not see a notification of your recent post.

and for some reason, the image you posted is not displaying, and i cannot see it.

i was coming here to post a link to something that must be considered as a sacred geometry, which is the physical manifestation in precise geometric forms, of tuned frequencies.

http://www.dark-truth.blogspot.com/2007 ... uture.html

a direct correlation to the process of creation.