Need images of platonician polyhedra inside one another

For general discussion of polyhedra, not necessarily Stella-specific.
Carabama

Need images of platonician polyhedra inside one another

Post by Carabama » Thu Dec 23, 2021 11:31 am

Hello to all,
I need specific images of platonician polyhedra inside one another. I am ready to pay for the work so please get in touch if you are interested !
The best would be vector format images (AI, EPS, CDR etc).

I basically need :
- icosa inside dodeca, icosahedron vertices being centered to dodeca faces, and circumscribed sphere of icosa = inscribed sphere of dodeca
- cube inside icosa, bases of upper and bottom 5-sided-pyramids of icosa being parallel to 2 opposite faces of cube; circumscribed cube sphere = inscribed speère of icosa
- octa inside cube, octa vertices being centered to cube faces, and circumscribed sphere of octa = inscribed sphere od cube
- tetrahedron inside octa, one tetra vertex being aligned to one octa vertex, one face of tetra being parallel to base of 4-sided-pyramid of octa, and circumscribed sphere of tetra = inscribed sphere of octa

Anyone able to do this ?
Thank you for your help !
Richard

Ulrich

Re: Need images of platonician polyhedra inside one another

Post by Ulrich » Thu Dec 23, 2021 5:25 pm

In the Stella4D library there is a section "Leonardo-style". There you find a model called "Leonardo Cosmogram 3". From this you can extract all pairs that you need just by selecting and deleting the ones you don't need. Then you can export images of them in many different formats.

Ulrich

ImageImageImageImageImage

Carabama

Post by Carabama » Thu Dec 23, 2021 8:27 pm

Hello
thank you for your answer and images, the positions are not exactly what I described, they are identical to those we can obtain with GreatStella.
I have issues with exporting function Robert and I never been able to solve. I may find the positions satisfying enough for my purpose, and use screen capture + graphic tool to recreate the images with precision.

robertw
Site Admin

Post by robertw » Fri Dec 24, 2021 6:54 am

You can put a model in a memory slot, load another model, and then add the model from the memory slot to it (see bottom section of the Edit menu). You can also use the Scale menu to set the size of each model before adding them, to indicate their relative sizes. And you can use Measurement Mode to obtain the sizes you need, or sometimes other items on the Scale menu. Eg get the inradius of the dodeca, copy it, and paste it into the radius of the icosa.