Procedure to make compounds

For general discussion of polyhedra, not necessarily Stella-specific.
Kathy

Procedure to make compounds

Post by Kathy » Tue Jul 03, 2012 12:35 am

Hi,
I am trying to make a compound but am unable to find the procedure. I have a faceted tetrahedra that I want to make into a compound 5. Thanks for any help.
I just love Polyhedra,
Kathy

Ulrich

Re: Procedure to make compounds

Post by Ulrich » Tue Jul 03, 2012 7:49 am

Kathy wrote:Hi,
I am trying to make a compound but am unable to find the procedure. I have a faceted tetrahedra that I want to make into a compound 5. Thanks for any help.
You put the faceted tetrahedron into memory 1. Then you select the tetrahedron from the platonics and add the model from memory 1 by using the edit-menu, "add/blend from memory" "memory 1". You select a triangle of the tetrahedron and put this compound into memory 2. You chose the 5-tetrahedra-compound from the library, orientate it like looking down a 5-fold axis. You select one of the faces adjacent to this axis and hit "a" for the augmentation dialog. You chose "selected face only", "excavate", "memory 2" and "return". The selected tetrahedron diappears, leaving the faceted tetrahedron behind. You apply this procedure on the other four triangles adjacent to the 5-fold axis of the 5-tetrahedra-compound you are looking down and voila!

Ulrich

Kathy

It worked

Post by Kathy » Tue Jul 03, 2012 3:13 pm

Thanks. It worked. this was something I have been trying to do and just kept mising a step or 2. It almost worked the way I wanted except one edge hits. I have to rework my facet. It won't make any other views though. no nets or anything. Is this normal on an augment?
Thanks again.
:D
I just love Polyhedra,
Kathy

Kathy

I did it..

Post by Kathy » Thu Jul 05, 2012 7:09 pm

Now I just neet to see if it is possiblt to actually make it. I thank you again. This is so much fun.
I just love Polyhedra,
Kathy