[BUG] clicking on polyhedra face selects wrong face

The place to talk about Stella4D, Great Stella, and Small Stella. Feel free to ask questions about them here.
Mulliganaceous

[BUG] clicking on polyhedra face selects wrong face

Post by Mulliganaceous » Sun Jan 01, 2023 11:06 pm

Since downloading the full version of Stella 4D, I noticed whenever I click on a face of a polyhedra (not a cell on a polychora), the program selects the wrong face. Moreover, if I click again at the same location, it selects a different wrong face. Do it over and over, the program alternates between the two wrong faces.

This bug seems to be present on my copy, no matter which device I install it on.

robertw
Site Admin

Re: [BUG] clicking on polyhedra face selects wrong face

Post by robertw » Mon Jan 02, 2023 12:14 pm

I believe I've fixed this, but not in a released version yet (and that will be a while). It only happened on some machines, especially laptops with certain graphics cards.

In the meantime, you could try looking in your GPU settings for a way to adjust the level of hardware acceleration. Turning it down might help.

Mulliganaceous

Post by Mulliganaceous » Sun Jan 08, 2023 6:38 am

This also occurred in an all-in-one machine.

Ulrich

Post by Ulrich » Sun Jan 08, 2023 4:18 pm

I had this bug too and I think I fixed it the following way (Notebook with Intel and Nvidia grafic card):

right-click on desktop, Nvidia settings, 3d settings, program settings, add Stella4D, triple buffer: on, save settings.

After that all face selects in Stella4D were ok.

Ulrich

robertw
Site Admin

Post by robertw » Mon Jan 09, 2023 3:48 am

Well done Ulrich, if you found a work-around. Here's a screenshot showing the steps, after right-clicking on desktop and selecting "NVIDIA Control Panel".