Category 30 and organization of uniform polychora

The place to talk about Stella4D, Great Stella, and Small Stella. Feel free to ask questions about them here.
Mulliganaceous

Category 30 and organization of uniform polychora

Post by Mulliganaceous » Tue May 03, 2022 4:49 am

Hey Robert Webb. Mulliganaceous here.

It is impressive that a large regiment of uniforms have been discovered over the past few years. I am suggesting if you can release a minor update, which features the 30 categories. Also, Category 26 is missing (technically, misplaced) and Category 20 has been updated.

I am also hoping that you are able to provide a Mac and Linux version of Stella. I am now a fulltime Linux user.

Best,

Samaria Mulligan
Last edited by Mulliganaceous on Sun May 14, 2023 5:28 am, edited 1 time in total.

robertw
Site Admin

Re: Category 30 and organization of uniform polychora

Post by robertw » Tue May 03, 2022 5:29 am

If someone can provide .stel files for all the new vertex figures, along with their numbers, names and categories, that would help. Have the new discoveries settled down now?

Alas the way Stella was written makes it hard to port to Mac or linux. I've looked into it, but it's probably too much work. Many people have asked (especially about Mac), and there's an answer about it in the FAQ. Some people have had success using a Windows emulator on other platforms.