export pdf and keyboard shortcuts view orientation

The place to talk about Stella4D, Great Stella, and Small Stella. Feel free to ask questions about them here.
zeneteru

export pdf and keyboard shortcuts view orientation

Post by zeneteru » Sun Aug 16, 2009 2:07 pm

hi im new to stella, i recently purchased 4d i have a few simple questions..

im thinking of making posters with stella is it possible to export as pdf? what is the best way to save a hi definition for import with photoshop or illustrator. the sizes could be quite big.

and is there any keyboard shortcuts for view orientation as there is 9 viewing positions? and clicking on them all takes to long. or a viewing box on the front would be easier....

many thanks .graham..

robertw
Site Admin

Post by robertw » Tue Aug 18, 2009 2:09 pm

Stella can't export to PDF, although you might be able to find a virtual printer which lets you print to a PDF file instead of a printer. Better though to just export images using "File->Export Image" and work with the other image formats. When exporting you may choose high resolutions, as well as over-sampling (anti-aliasing).

Keyboard shortcuts are all (I think) mentioned on the menus, so no there are no shortcuts for those different view choices. Many of them usually double up though, rather than being 9 distinct views of interest. Usually it's more convenient to just rotate the model interactively with Left-drag.

Rob.