Printing tiled poster

The place to talk about Stella4D, Great Stella, and Small Stella. Feel free to ask questions about them here.
Anselm

Printing tiled poster

Post by Anselm » Tue Feb 07, 2023 4:16 am

I am using a printer and driver that is capable of tiling to make posters. Using Great Stella I use the Print Setup option to configure a multi-page printing of the net on screen. When I go to Print (via preview) if the net I am trying to print is larger than a single sheet I get a message that it won't fit and would I like it shrunk to fit. Is there any way to print tiles ?

robertw
Site Admin

Re: Printing tiled poster

Post by robertw » Tue Feb 07, 2023 12:17 pm

It reports printing larger than the page as an error so that the user knows to split the net up into smaller pieces or use larger paper. You can't disable that I'm afraid.

Can you tell it you're printing to larger paper somehow. Maybe use a virtual printer that sends output to PDF and tell it to use larger paper. Then do the actual print from a PDF reader instead?

Anselm

Post by Anselm » Wed Feb 08, 2023 3:47 am

Thanks I will try that.

Anselm

Post by Anselm » Wed Feb 08, 2023 4:43 am

The default PDF printer on Windows only does up A3 virtual paper but Bullzip does many more sizes, it works out of the box and is free. So after some configuration I now have printed tiles that I will assemble into an A1 image for manufacture. When I get it together we will see if the dimensions are correct or that needs fiddling too. Problem solved thank you!