Rainbow colours

The place to talk about Stella4D, Great Stella, and Small Stella. Feel free to ask questions about them here.
patrick38

Rainbow colours

Post by patrick38 » Sun Oct 06, 2013 6:09 am

When I have rainbow colours in the left screen, why doesn't the net in the right screen have corresponding colours? Or... How do you get the rainbow colours into the net for printing on a multicolour printout?

robertw
Site Admin

Post by robertw » Sun Oct 06, 2013 12:49 pm

As you may have noticed, the rainbow colours change as the model is rotated. It's really a white model with red, green and blue lights shining at it to produce this effect. Since the colours are changing, what colours should go on the net? I suppose it could try to match the current colours in the other view, but there's also nothing stopping you from having a 3-view layout with 2 normal views, possibly with different orientations and hence different rainbow colours. Then what would the net show? I suppose it could match the most recently active view or something. I'll consider that as a feature request.

You can however set each face colour to whatever you want to achieve a similar effect, but it would be up to you to set the colours how you want them.