software3d.com Forum Index software3d.com
Software3D Forums

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Import and export off-files

Post new topic   Reply to topic    software3d.com Forum Index -> Stella Feature Requests
View previous topic :: View next topic  
pbrants

PostPosted: Sat Mar 17, 2012 5:35 pm    Post subject: Import and export off-files Reply with quote

If I import an off-file in stella and then export the model immediately without changing any orientation, the coordinates of the vertices in the exported off-file are all changed (rotated?) Why is this?

Paul
robertw
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sun Mar 18, 2012 2:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Two reasons.

(1) Any model created (either internally or via import) is aligned to a template symmetry group.

(2) When exporting, the model is exported as seen on screen. So if you rotate the model on the screen, then it will be exported in a different orientation. I suggest using something from the "View->Orientation" menu first to orient the model how you want before exporting.

In the future I plan to make this clearer by providing a choice of orientations upon export.

Rob.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    software3d.com Forum Index -> Stella Feature Requests All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: