software3d.com Forum Index software3d.com
Software3D Forums

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

MazeRunner

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Alex Doskey

PostPosted: Sun Jan 13, 2008 8:16 am    Post subject: MazeRunner Reply with quote

I sure would love to see a program that has you run around a maze constructed on the surface of a polyhedron. That would be really cool. Especially if you could subdivide the faces like you do in Minesweeper 3D.
robertw
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue Jan 22, 2008 11:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Interesting idea, and maybe not too hard given the code I already have to start with.

How do you see it working? Would the view be of the whole shape like in MineSweeper3D, with say the closest point (or a bit above) being your current position, then you turn and move with the mouse? Or would the view be close up, keeping the "walker" the right way up always?

Not sure how saleable another maze program would be though!
Rob.
Alex Doskey

PostPosted: Mon Mar 17, 2008 4:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I like having both views available. The default view would be low enough to see only the "room" you are in, but when you get a bit lost and want some global info, you can "lift up" to get a view of the neighborhood (or whole side of the polyhedron, depending on how high you go). For more complex polyhedra (higher subdivision levels on minesweeper boards), it may be too difficult to run through from down low, and the higher view may be the one you need to run through. I like the idea of being able to leave a trail behind you to show where you have been (but you could turn it off if you want more of a challenge.

I would love to see a maze with all the same boards and subdivision levels that are in Minesweeper3D. As for marketability, you could add it as a package deal to get a higher sale price when purchased with Minesweeper3D. Each can be bought separately, or a bargain price when you get both. I would imagine there would be a good bit of overlap in the intended market, so people searching for either product would be exposed to both.
ddddyyyyy

PostPosted: Wed Jun 24, 2009 6:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I agree with Alex Doskey
guy

PostPosted: Mon Jan 25, 2010 7:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

robertw wrote:
Not sure how saleable another maze program would be though!

Well, how saleable was yet another minesweeper program?
robertw
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue Jan 26, 2010 4:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

guy wrote:
Well, how saleable was yet another minesweeper program?

Nowhere near enough!

Rob.
daniela

PostPosted: Sun Jun 19, 2011 6:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would love a polyhedral maze. There are some apps for iPhone but just on cubes.

My opinion is that the 3D minesweeper is that it requires too much skill for the average casual player - and also too much luck. There is a free java applet with a torus minesweeper that I have played sometimes, and it's exasperating. I will probably buy the 3d minesweeper to support software3d, but I am not going to play it very much Smile
Post new topic   Reply to topic    software3d.com Forum Index -> General All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: