Couldn't find exit edge

The place to talk about Stella4D, Great Stella, and Small Stella. Feel free to ask questions about them here.
daniela

Couldn't find exit edge

Post by daniela » Thu Mar 03, 2011 7:08 pm

So says Stella when I try to open a model that I have imported, and that it has been exported from javaview.

can someone tell me the problem? Or perhaps what I need is already inside Stella 4D collection of models? It is the five compenetrated tetrahedra.

If I ignore advice and press OK, the model opens but processing does not work.

Thanks a lot!

Daniela

robertw
Site Admin

Post by robertw » Fri Mar 04, 2011 12:52 pm

That error occurs during the stellation process (possibly via trying to show nets). It probably means the model being imported does not have sufficient accuracy. Stella requires double-precision floating-point accuracy. I don't know what javaview does, but if there's a way to export with 15 or more decimal places rather than 7 or so, then try that.

If you are after the standard compound of 5 tetrahedra though, it is already available within Stella. It's in Stella Library->Compounds->Tetrahedra 5.

It's also easy to make using faceting mode, starting with the dodecahedron.

Rob.

daniela

Post by daniela » Fri Mar 04, 2011 1:56 pm

Thank you so very much Rob for your prompt reply. Yes it turned out it had been saved by javaview with 6 figures for some reason (I think it comes from having previously resized something and made it tiny) Also thank you for suggesting getting myself better acquainted with the Compound bodies section, there are so many things and it's only about 6 months i have the software. The program is awesome and we have been enjoying it a lot. Some may wonder if it's worth to pay 99$ for something that does polyhedra and polychora only... linear subsets in a flat space no larger than 4D. Yes it is, no doubt, no question. Thanks again. Daniela