software3d.com Forum Index software3d.com
Software3D Forums

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Help, please!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    software3d.com Forum Index -> MineSweeper3D Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
hatterass

PostPosted: Sat Jun 20, 2009 4:00 pm    Post subject: Help, please! Reply with quote

I wonder if anybody can help me with a problem I'm having. I'm running Minesweeper3D ver. 2.5.1, and lately, the graphics have gotten very slow and jerky, and the response to mouse clicks is very slow. this has resulted in times up to triple my usual. this is on a Compaq Presario V6000 running Windows XP Media Center Edition.

If anybody can get me back to the former smooth responsiveness of the program, I would really appreciate it.

Thanks,
hatterass
robertw
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon Jun 22, 2009 1:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sorry, not sure what's going on there. "Lately" you say? So it used to run fast?

Some versions back I changed the way mouse events were handled, but it was meant to make things faster, not slower. I may change it back sometime.

Rob.
hatterass

PostPosted: Tue Jun 23, 2009 2:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes, just within the last week or so. It used to run very fast and smoothly. It's not a program fault, I feel sure, but rather something wrong with the graphics iun the computer. I mean, why would the program suddenly start acting weird when it never has before?

According to the Intel website, my graphics accerelator driver is current, so the only thing I can think of is maybe something screwed up in Windows XP. I think I may turn off automatic updates.

Thanks for the reply,
hatterass
robertw
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue Jun 23, 2009 2:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The obvious question: did you change anything in your system in the last week or so? Doesn't XP tell you when it's doing an update?

Rob.
hatterass

PostPosted: Wed Jun 24, 2009 12:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes, it does. In fact, I can't shut the machine down until it finishes installing updates. I'll check the recent updates to see if there's any joy there.

Thanks for all the help and sympathy,

Hatterass
Post new topic   Reply to topic    software3d.com Forum Index -> MineSweeper3D Forum All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: