software3d.com Forum Index software3d.com
Software3D Forums

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

mine sweep TRUE 3D
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    software3d.com Forum Index -> MineSweeper3D Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
rainman002

PostPosted: Tue Mar 18, 2008 2:20 am    Post subject: yes... Reply with quote

I haven't downloaded a stella yet so I couldn view your "honeycombs" but some of them by their descriptions made sense. The way my program works is there is a list of verticies each with a unique number assigned (the index), its coordinates, and the indices of its neighbors. The cube one could be very easily iterated and indexed so that is why I used it. The more interesting patterns you presented are not impossible, but much more difficult. I actually made a tetrahedral model for it but never got it online. I thought I was good with GUIs but when I tried to make it a chioce between tetrahedron and cube for the game menu, I failed miserably. Anyway, If you can find an efficient way to go through one of your honeycombs vertex by vertex (and find x,y,z coordinates) and in a way that can have a scalable amount of "cells" please tell me and I will try to implement it. I hope that just made sense.
robertw
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue Mar 18, 2008 3:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Alex Doskey wrote:
Another possibility for true 3D minefields would be to do various space filling lattices.

Yes, this is my plan if I do a true 3D version.

Rob.
rainman002

PostPosted: Fri Mar 21, 2008 9:56 pm    Post subject: do something Reply with quote

robertw wrote:
if

come on, just do it. You could definitely do a graphically pretty "true 3d" thing. If you don't, I will... and it won't look nearly as good or professional.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    software3d.com Forum Index -> MineSweeper3D Forum All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: