software3d.com Forum Index software3d.com
Software3D Forums

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Enumeration of stellations (by Miller's rules)

View previous topic :: View next topic  
robertw
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon Mar 03, 2008 8:02 am    Post subject: Enumeration of stellations (by Miller's rules) Reply with quote

Some of you may know the page where I list the number of stellations, by Miller's rules, for many of the Platonic/Archimedean solids:
http://www.software3d.com/Enumerate.php

Well, I got an email from Marc Newin, with a new result not presented in my table! A count for the number of reflexible stellations of the icosidodecahedron. The count was 7071672. I must have overlooked filling in this and a couple of other ones earlier, as sure enough, Stella comes to the same number in just 29 seconds. I had left them because the full count was unreachable (the count including chiral stellations), but setting "Options->Maintain Reflexibility" and performing the enumeration tells Stella to just count the reflexible stellations, and the count is done efficiently enough to make the result easily reachable.

So I have filled in this new value in my page above, along with a couple of others, the reflexible count for the truncated icosahedron (162782259) and the truncated dodecahedron (128761995).

I also filled in some more counts for prisms and antiprisms, for what it's worth Smile

Rob.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    software3d.com Forum Index -> Polyhedra All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: