ID tabs

The place to talk about Stella4D, Great Stella, and Small Stella. Feel free to ask questions about them here.
grayham

ID tabs

Post by grayham » Fri Jul 04, 2014 2:59 am

For some reason after 25 models built successfully the printouts don't have the ID numbers, especially now with 1000 pieces, any help appreciated.
Uninstall - reinstall?

robertw
Site Admin

Post by robertw » Sat Jul 05, 2014 3:53 am

Uninstall/reinstall is almost never the best answer.

The IDs to identify matching tabs is an option when printing nets. Maybe the option got unticked somehow. When printing nets, you'll find "Edge connection IDs" in the top right corner of the dialog box that appears. Make sure that option is ticked.

Let me know if that fixes it.
Rob.

grayham

ID tabs

Post by grayham » Sat Jul 05, 2014 4:27 am

yes thanks Robert i've tried that a number of times - reclicking that little window, but even then as it shows being ticked there's no numbers on the printouts?

robertw
Site Admin

Post by robertw » Sat Jul 05, 2014 4:40 am

Can you send me a screenshot of that options window? There may be something else in there that's relevant. And a screenshot of the new preview.

By the way, the IDs will appear in the print preview, so you don't actually have to do a print out to check if it's working, but you probably know this already.

Does the problem occur for all polyhedra now? Or maybe there's something unusual about the model you're trying to print.

Did something change on your system around the time it stopped working? It still works fine for me.

Thanks,
Rob.

grayham

Post by grayham » Sat Jul 05, 2014 8:16 am

here are those screen shots, the tick is there and also the numbers show in the print preview, but when printed they're not, i tried the tetra which was the same, showed ID numbers in preview not there when printed out ?Image[/img]

robertw
Site Admin

Post by robertw » Sat Jul 05, 2014 10:32 am

Hmm, everything looks to be in order. So you're saying that the IDs do appear in the print preview, but not in the final print out? Weird.

I tried this myself, and the IDs do get printed out for me, so I don't know what to suggest. Does other text on the page get printed, ie the title caption?

Rob.

Peter Kane

Post by Peter Kane » Mon Jul 07, 2014 4:22 pm

Just a stab in the dark - maybe its the printer driver ? If you have a different printer, you could try printing it on that. Failing that, perhaps you could try something like the MS XPS Document Writer, if that is available on your system. If it is, then when you print the net, click on the printer properties button , choose the appropriate driver and tick the option that says to automatically open the XPS viewer. I just tried this with a dodecahedron and I could see the ID numbers on the tabs, so that proves that (in this case), Stella was doing the right thing.

Pete K

Peter Kane

Hmmm

Post by Peter Kane » Mon Jul 07, 2014 4:27 pm

Looks like its that sort of day.
I cant see all of my response, so here it is in chunks:

Just a stab in the dark - maybe its the printer driver ? If you
have a different printer, you could try printing it on that.
Failing that, perhaps you could try something like the MS XPS
Document Writer, if that is available on your system. If it is,
then when you print the net, click on the printer properties button
, choose the appropriate driver and tick the option that says to
automatically open the XPS viewer. I just tried this with a
dodecahedron and I could see the ID numbers on the tabs, so that proves that (in this case), Stella was doing the right thing.

Pete K

grayham

Post by grayham » Mon Jul 07, 2014 10:56 pm

thanks, i'm away now for a couple of weeks, try again when i return.

grayham

Post by grayham » Thu Aug 21, 2014 5:35 am

solved thanks, was just an ink issue with the printer settings i got wrong :-(