software3d.com Forum Index software3d.com
Software3D Forums

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Favorite Board/SubDivLevel/DifLevel

Post new topic   Reply to topic    software3d.com Forum Index -> MineSweeper3D Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Alex Doskey

PostPosted: Sun Jan 13, 2008 8:30 am    Post subject: Favorite Board/SubDivLevel/DifLevel Reply with quote

Just wondering what everyone else's favorite Board/SubDivLevel/DifLevel is for playing Minesweeper 3D. I really like doing Pentagonal Hexecontahedron / 8 / Expert. It is just easy enough to seem possible, but no-one has completed it yet. I have come quite close a few times, but not close enough.

I don't like the Toroidal Models on SubDivLevel 1. Too many times it comes down to guessing.

Great Stellated Dodecahedron on SubDivLevel 1 was a fun one to crack, especially on Insane. But not much fun to play in general. I sometimes wonder if I am the only one to complete that board on that level. And GSD is the only board that I think is easier on SubDivLevel 4 than it is on level 2.

Last edited by Alex Doskey on Wed Jan 16, 2008 8:18 am; edited 1 time in total
Skippums

PostPosted: Wed Jan 16, 2008 6:02 am    Post subject: True that Reply with quote

I spent about a month trying to beat that darn board when I first got MS3D. I too have come convincingly close (down to about 20 mines), but I lost patience as the number of possibilities for those mines was much larger. Oh well, perhaps if RW does end up making a "hall of fame" page I will continue my quest to, like you, beat every board.
Alex Doskey

PostPosted: Thu Jan 24, 2008 5:06 pm    Post subject: Really Close Reply with quote

When I came really close, it was before you could store "camera" positions, and I had a large number of possibilities to try out. I went through all the options, and then discovered there was an unmarked mine somewhere. Once I found that, I repeated the process again, only to find there was still one more out there. Eventually I crashed when I tried to simplify the remaining possibilities by taking a guess on the one that had the most options to choose from. I should have just kept my patience, and continued. But my time would have probably been around 13 hours. Very Happy I think I can do better than that.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    software3d.com Forum Index -> MineSweeper3D Forum All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: