software3d.com Forum Index software3d.com
Software3D Forums

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Other complementary 3D educational software?

View previous topic :: View next topic  
bblackburn

PostPosted: Sun Aug 26, 2012 11:43 pm    Post subject: Other complementary 3D educational software? Reply with quote

As an 8th grade/High School math teacher trying to cope with the transition to the Common Core State Standards, I am looking for other software that complements Small Stella and allows me and my students to work virtually with 3D shapes. Does anyone out there have any recommendations?

For example, I want my students to be able to rotate a line segment around a skew line and look at what shape it carves out in 3D space.

Thanks for any tips!
Peter Kane

PostPosted: Sun Sep 02, 2012 7:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You might take a look at WinGeom from peanut software, if you haven't already done so http://math.exeter.edu/rparris/wingeom.html

I'd recommend that you work through some of the tutorials as that's the best way to get to grips with the program.

Pete K
Post new topic   Reply to topic    software3d.com Forum Index -> Stella Forum All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: