Video Tutorials

The place to talk about Stella4D, Great Stella, and Small Stella. Feel free to ask questions about them here.
boomfiziks

Video Tutorials

Post by boomfiziks » Sun Jun 24, 2012 2:57 am

Hello. I'm new to Stella 4D and I've enjoyed exploring it's many features. I've come across a helpful tutorial that really decreased the learning curve of learning this program. I'm wondering if there are more tutorials, especially videos (YouTube)?

If not, could there be a separate forum subdivision for people to post videos of their various creations? I personally would like to learn how the various forms in the galleries have been made...especially the hollow forms, twisted ribbons, and geodesic forms.

Thank you,
Dwight

robertw
Site Admin

Post by robertw » Sun Jun 24, 2012 4:22 am

Hi Dwight,

If anyone has videos involving Stella, this forum would be the perfect place for them. I've only made one video so far, but it was quite an advanced one. You can find it here:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iEip2c10RE0

Sometime I hope to make a bunch of videos about using Stella, if I get some other things finished.

Is the above video the one you saw? If not, do you have the link?

Thanks,
Rob.

boomfiziks

Post by boomfiziks » Sun Jun 24, 2012 5:23 am

Thank you for your quick reply.

Yes, that was the video I used. It helped me a lot. I'm not a mathematician, so I'm not that familiar with all of the terminology and know exactly what/why various things are beefing done, but I am learning. I do use a program called Rhino 3D (a form of CAD) fairly often. From using the Rhino program, I have somewhat of a sense of what's going on, but not too much. :-)

I'd really like to be able to use this for some woodworking and wood turning projects. I've posted another message regarding this (angles and miters) of the pieces.

Thank you again for your help,
Dwight