2 Newbie questions

The place to talk about Stella4D, Great Stella, and Small Stella. Feel free to ask questions about them here.
pbrants

2 Newbie questions

Post by pbrants » Sun Mar 04, 2012 10:11 am

1) When I choose File/Export metric data I can see there dihedral angles, what I understand (angel between 2 planes), but what is a mitre angle (eg Cube 45 degrees)? I think both items should be explained in the glossary on the website.
2) How in Mouse Select Face/Vertex mode how can I DEselect the selected items?

Greetings

Paul

oxenholme

Post by oxenholme » Mon Mar 05, 2012 2:02 pm

Is the mitre angle the angle you would need on the edges if you were to make the polyhedron from a material thick enough to need mitring?

The Cube's dihedral angle is 90 degrees, so the mitre angle is half - i.e. 45 degrees.

My last computer died a death, so I haven't got Stella at the moment, so I cannot answer your other question, hopefully another Stella user can help!

robertw
Site Admin

Re: 2 Newbie questions

Post by robertw » Tue Mar 06, 2012 12:04 am

Hi Paul,

I'm not at home right now so I can't check, but I think the mitre angle is (180 - dihedral angle) / 2. It's the angle you need to set on a tool for mitring wood. Some people have said it should be different, but there seem to be different opinions about it, so I'm not sure.

To deselect an item, just select on the background. I think there's a menu item to deselect under the Select menu for deselection too, and possibly a keyboard shortcut ("n" for none maybe?).

Rob.